• Applying findings to large populations
    Applying findings to large populations
    Theme:
    sensory deprivation, brain development, culture
    Summary
    Transcript
    Related Insights

    80% of cultures could be accurately predicted or classified in terms of their peaceful or violent behavior from this one single measure of whether the infant was carried on the body of its mother all day long. I could predict the remaining 20% has to do with whether the cultures permit or punish adolescent sexuality. Cultures that are very repressive towards sexual expression, what I call sexual affectional bonding, are violent cultures and the cultures that permit adolescent sexual expression are non-violent cultures.