Courts Follow Culture — and the Culture Is Shifting
Thirteen years ago, in 2010, I recorded an interview with Barbara Lou Fisher, Founder of the National Vaccine Information Center. A few key highlights:
For the last 30 years, my organization and others have been doing this work to raise public awareness about the fact that vaccines are not as safe as doctors have been telling us they are.
Parents are realizing that what they’ve been told to believe about the safety and effectiveness of vaccines is not entirely true. And once that happens, once you’ve been a believer and have been told that vaccination is going to save your child, protect your child from getting sick or dying, and you realize that you haven’t been told the whole truth, the trust is broken. That sacred trust between the physician and the patient, in this case between the doctor and parent, is fatally compromised and that parent is never going to trust doctors in the same way again.
You will see it going across the board that all public facilities are going to try to force every American from the age of six months through the year of death to get a flu shot. If public health officials and doctors can accomplish that, it will set the stage for the 125 new vaccines now being tested in clinical trials that the drug companies want to get licensed and, of course, want to have an assured predictable market by getting them mandated.
Right now we have to draw the line in the sand. At the National Vaccine Information Center, our only goal now is going into the states to organize and to protect and expand the right to informed consent to vaccination, which means you have a right to have a medical exemption to vaccination that cannot be questioned by the state, a religious exemption and what we call a conscientious belief exemption.
Read the full interview and you will see – current events have been planned for decades.
“Courts follow culture, and the good news is that culture is shifting, and the truth is coming out. The crumbling COVID-19 narrative and the trendline favor us, not the tyrants.”
A Concise and Optimistic Overview By Mary Holland 03/28/23
Editor’s Note: Mary Holland, Children’s Health Defense president and chief legal counsel, delivered the remarks below on March 25, 2023, at the COVID Litigation Conference in Atlanta.
I became involved in this world of health freedom more than 20 years ago in the late 1990s when my son was severely injured by his routine “safe and effective” childhood vaccines.
It took me some time to figure out that vaccines were the only plausible cause — and of course, I looked at things first as a mother, but then I also looked as a lawyer — and WOW!
Everything I thought should work did not — there was no transparency, no informed consent, no compensation for civil wrongs, no malpractice for administering knowingly dangerous substances, no accountability — and even no access to the courts, let alone justice.
And then, we, the parents of injured children, experienced what many of you have experienced during the last three years — gaslighting, ostracism, stigmatization and more.
I’m profoundly grateful to Steve Kirsch, Warner Mendenhall, Louisa Clary and the other organizers of this conference for bringing us together to address these problems.
If you’ve come to the health freedom movement since COVID-19, it’s important for you to understand that these issues, while more intense now, are not new.
I recommend you watch these films for background: “The Greater Good,” “Trace Amounts,” “Vaxxed” and “Vaxxed II” and “The 1986 Act” — these films will help you understand the relevant background to the COVID-19 debacle.
I also recommend an important new book that I had the privilege to co-edit — “Turtles All The Way Down: Vaccine Science and Myth.”
It is a devastating, impeccably cited takedown of any pretense that science backs up the childhood vaccine program. The authors are anonymous to avoid the kind of vilification that would otherwise inevitably occur, but there is no doubt that they are experts in science and medicine.
But let’s turn to COVID. Many heroes have valiantly stood up for freedom and the rule of law these last years. Children’s Health Defense founder, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., is one of the many outstanding lawyers who have helped to lead us to where we are today.
As he often points out, the world has suffered from a kind of Stockholm syndrome that is finally starting to wear off.
The syndrome is when prisoners start to love their captors. They strive to please them because their helplessness leads them to suppress any sense of injustice and to somehow “make the best of it.”
It’s likely a kind of survival mechanism, but a very dangerous one.
Another analogy Kennedy often cites is the Milgram Experiment — for the past three years, the world has been living through a giant Milgram Experiment. Dr. Stanley Milgram, a Yale scientist, was part of the CIA’s study of mind control, dubbed MKUltra.
He had subjects push buttons on one side of a screen that they were led to believe inflicted excruciating pain by electric shock on actors on the other side of the screen. The experimental subjects did not know that the people on the other side of the screen were actors — the subjects thought that they were crying out for real.
The experimental subjects were egged on to increase the levels of pain by a white-coated authority figure. Two-thirds of subjects complied, turning up the pain dials, even when they heard the people on the other side of the wall crying out and even when they were aware that the shocks they delivered could be fatal.
Only one-third of people acted out of conscience and refused to participate.
Kennedy often says that it’s people like you — you are among the one-third who have opted out of the global Milgram Experiment. But you, assembled here today, have gone even further — you have marshaled your training and commitment to fight tyranny.
You are challenging the authority of the white-coated authorities and the dark forces behind them, and in the process, you are bringing along those who blindly obeyed. You are leading the charge and making a difference, while there is yet much to do.
Courts follow culture
This period has taught me many lessons about the law as an instrument in such troubled times — and many of the lessons I’ve learned have come from the lawyers here today.
A foremost lesson is that courts follow culture.
First, judges, too, have been subjected to the Milgram Experiment, like the rest of us, and they are, by vocation, rule followers and rule enforcers. Most seem to have fallen in line with government orthodoxy more out of conviction than political calculus.
Second, I have learned that judges who are reluctant to hear challenging cases hide behind the doctrine of standing. In several CHD cases, judges simply dismissed them for “lack of standing” — even when the grounds for such dismissal were very weak.
The good news is that culture is shifting, and the truth is coming out. The crumbling COVID narrative and the trendline favor us, not the tyrants.
- The hysteria has passed — here we are, congregating in person. No masks, no tests, no vaccine passports.
- People are assembling, traveling, returning to work and school, and institutions are dropping mandates for tests, masks and injections.
- And truth is on the loose — and defending itself. It’s now common knowledge:
- That the shots were completely ineffective and unsafe — they didn’t stop infection or transmission, and they killed and injured thousands if not more.
- That natural immunity is indeed at least as effective if not more so than vaccine-induced immunity.
- That government with corporate proxies created a censorship-industrial complex.
- That government policies resulted in a drop in the average U.S. life expectancy of three years — and more in certain subgroups, including Native Americans, who lost an astounding nearly seven years of life expectancy.
- That we are suffering from “sudden unexplained death” at staggering levels, and that there have been dramatic excess death rates around the world that cannot be accounted for except by COVID injections.
The bottom line is that the tide has shifted, and that this is our moment to advance justice and to put in place safeguards so that future lockdowns, coerced medical experiments, discrimination, censorship and mass atrocities become impossible.
Legal victories point to hope
There are some hopeful signs:
- The 5th Circuit’s en banc decision last week to uphold the injunction against a COVID shot mandate for federal workers.
- The Supreme Court’s rejection of the Biden administration’s mandate for companies with over 100 employees.
- The Supreme Court’s rejection of CDC’s authority to suspend housing evictions.
- The Florida district court’s rejection of the mask mandate in interstate travel.
- Decisions in Missouri v. Biden revealing the truth about federal censorship.
- The “Twitter files” and the U.K. Telegraph Lockdown Files revealing the extraordinary level to which government decisions on COVID were arbitrary, political and completely untethered from science.
CHD itself has had some important victories, and I believe we will see more this year:
- We won a federal injunction against the D.C. Minor Consent Act, thanks to CHD attorney Rolf Hazlehurst.
- We won a state court decision, finding NYS’ vaccine mandate for healthcare workers “null and void,” thanks to attorney Sujata Gibson.
- We won an injunction against CA’s new AB2098 law restricting physician speech regarding COVID, thanks to attorney Rick Jaffe.
- We won a 2021 decision in the D.C. Court of Appeals that the Federal Communication Commission’s health guidelines on wireless technologies, unchanged since 1996, were inadequate, thanks to attorney W. Scott McCollough, and our electromagnetic radiation team is now building on that victory in new cases.
We also have many cases in the pipeline against:
- Facebook/Meta Platforms for joint action with the government to censor dissent, thanks to attorney Roger Teich;
- Rutgers University, the first university to impose a COVID injection mandate for students, thanks to attorney Julio Gomez;
- The FDA for authorizing COVID shots for young children going up to the 5th Circuit, thanks to attorney Robert Barnes;
- We have FOIA cases against the CDC and the FDA, thanks to CHD attorney Risa Evans;
- We are challenging California Governor Newsom’s use of emergency powers, thanks to attorney Scott Street; and
- Last but not least, we are working on cases to challenge the unconstitutional 2005 Public Readiness and Preparedness, or PREP, Act.
As the tide is turning, all of our cases have an increased likelihood of success. We are eager to brainstorm with other attorneys and to work on cases that lead to children’s protection.
CHD can offer a number of things that may be of service:
- Attorney Ray Flores maintains a listserv for lawyers around the country. He sends out pleadings, decisions and legal articles on a regular basis. This is free, so sign up at email@example.com.
- We make referrals every day. If you represent individuals regarding exemptions, custody disputes, workers’ compensation, whistleblowers, medical license defense and discrimination, please let us know. Again, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are particularly eager to identify workers’ compensation lawyers. We believe this is a viable way not only to get compensation for vaccine-injured employees but also to financially discourage employers from ever implementing medical mandates again by raising their financial costs.
- If you have a case that you believe aligns with CHD’s mission, write to email@example.com. We have an internal committee that evaluates potential new matters according to many strict criteria, and we regularly consider collaborative efforts.
- Also, our website has a lot of resources that may be helpful, including pleadings, template letters, references for legal organizations and more.
Furthermore, if there are legal stories we should be covering in our daily newsletter, The Defender, or on our video platform, CHD.TV or on our social media, let us know.
We reach millions — and we want to keep our followers informed with accurate, up-to-date information about important legal matters.
It’s not just COVID
Of course, we’re not just up against COVID — we are up against the dark forces of global totalitarianism. We are up against:
- A model of surveillance capitalism with the real threat of Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) in the near future.
- A control grid with individual digital IDs for every human on the planet.
- A censorship-industrial complex that seeks to promote a single global narrative and that would seek to cast us here as fringe far-right extremists and even domestic terrorists.
- A global control grid that entails the World Health Organization’s “One Health”; the World Economic Forum’s “Great Reset” and transhumanism; the promotion of genetically modified foods; weather modification; and the explosion of uncontrolled towers, antennas and devices emitting electromagnetic radiation.
CHD is working on all these issues through education, advocacy, science and litigation as these avenues together create necessary synergies.
If you are here, it is because you seek to overcome these dangerous trends fueled by fear, ignorance, polarization and repression. If you are here, it is because you believe in human freedom, human dignity and in humanity itself, and you believe that we can turn things around.
Having a longer view of this movement than some, I want you to know that with your new resources in this epic battle, I believe we can win, we will win — and we must win.
What happened in these last three years were not mistakes — I urge you to watch this powerful two-minute video, “Mistakes Were NOT Made: An Anthem for Justice.” The perpetrators — and especially the masterminds — must be held to account. As the video concludes:
We were terrorized.
We were isolated.
We were gaslit.
We were dehumanized.
We were wounded.
We were killed.
Don’t let Them get away with it.
This is the job of lawyers — we must not let them get away with it. We must help to restore the social contract between action and accountability and between crime and punishment. We must help to restore the rule of law over the tyrants.
As I have said elsewhere in the past,
The TRUTH is on our side,
The SCIENCE is on our side,
The ETHICS are on our side, and
The LAW is on our side.
And I hope and pray that God and the Universe are on our side and that we will meet again — soon — to celebrate our victory for the rule of law, for justice and for our children’s future.
Mary Holland is President and General Counsel of Children’s Health Defense. She has been writing and advocating for better vaccine law and policy for many years, including while she served on the faculty at NYU School of Law from 2002-19. She is co-author of two books on vaccines, Vaccine Epidemic and The HPV Vaccine on Trial, as well as several law review articles.