BETRAYAL OF ABUSED AND NEGLECTED CHILDREN & MOTHERS
By the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health (NICHD / NIH):
We are a Violent Nation. Congress created the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) on October 17,1962 with enactment of PL 87-838 to “conduct and support of research and training relating to maternal health, child health, and human development, including research and training in the special health problems and requirements of mothers and children..."(Sec 441).
It is universally recognized that “child abuse and neglect” is a “special health problem of mothers and children.”
The letter of 15 September 2014 to Vice President Biden and Senators Carper and Coon provide:
- A chronology of research activities on child abuse and neglect;
- The Directive of Secretary Weinberger to federal agencies to implement these policies;
- The ultimate betrayal and abandonment of this Congressional and DHEW Secretarial Directives by the NICHD;
- The efforts by Health Scientist Administrator Dr. Prescott, over the past some forty years, to comply with these Directives;
- His unlawful termination for defense of these Congressionally mandated programs;
- And his efforts that continue to this day to hold accountable the NICHD/NIH accountable the violations of Public Law that has propelled this Nation into a death spiral of violence.
The psychopathology of early life experiences initiate the pathology of brain-behavioral disorders that last a lifetime, many, of which, are noted in my letter to VP Biden.
Specifically terminated NICHD programs established:
1. Cerebellar brain damage in adult pathologically violent primates deprived of mother love. https://vimeo.com/71761209 2 Min
2. Abnormal electrical discharges, called “spiking” in the Septum--a subcortical emotional brain structure known to mediate violent behavior in mother deprived primates. http://www.violence.de/heath/bfm/article.html
What NICHD research programs have evaluated cerebellar and Septal brain damage in depressed / violent abused and neglected children and adults?
The above facts and questions must be addressed by Dr. Collins, Director, NIH.
The abandoned research on child abuse and neglect by the NICHD has prevented an answer to these questions that should have been answered generations ago.
The failure of Culture to support Women, as Nurturing Mothers, is the principal cause of a Culture of Violence that threatens human survival.
- THE CHILD IS THE FATHER OF THE MAN
- THE CHILD IS THE MOTHER OF CULTURE
- THE CHILD IS THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY
On this 52nd year after the birth of the NICHD, I am calling for all Citizens to write their Congressional Representatives to take corrective actions of this betrayal and abandonment of Mother, Children and the Family—the future of HUMAN Civilization-- by the NICHD / NIH.
James W. Prescott, Ph.D.
3 October 2014